We See Law Differently
The Energy and Commodities markets are complex, spanning multiple products, transactions and geographies.
Trading margins have in the last few years thinned for many companies as competition for trading opportunities has increased. Therefore appointment and management of the right external counsel can be a constant challenge.
External counsel are expected to have a deep and wide understanding of their client’s business and provide advice which is pragmatic, solutions-driven and commercial in nature.
We can assist in a manner of different ways, such as:
- one off project specific transactions or bespoke advice
- operating as a virtual general counsel to companies with no internal legal support
- extension of or overflow service for an existing legal team faced with capacity or capability shortages
- assembling and managing a larger team of lawyers to assist with large transactions
- project management of interface with external law firms on large transactions
True sector specialist with experience built up from a variety of private practice and in-house roles. We have experience in a wide range of products and transaction types
Unparalleled experience gained over 19 years working for an Oil major, investment bank, European utility and trading house
Deep, holistic, and unique insight into the commercial drivers and internal pressures faced by companies operating in Energy and Commodities
We provide targeted, concise and solutions-driven advice taking a commercial and pragmatic approach